February 17, 2020 … Youngstown, Oh. — Nicholas R. Odille, CPA, MBA, will address some of Cannabis industry owners’ and operators’ most pressing concerns as a panelist on “Navigating the Legal, Regulatory & Compliance Maze” at the Cannavest Conference, February 20, at the Hynes Convention Center in Boston. Nick joins four other industry leaders and moderator Lloyd Pierre-Louis of Dickinson Wright for the opening session of the National Cannabis Industry Association conference’s second day.
Nick is a Principal in the Youngstown, Ohio, office of HBK CPAs & Consultants and Director of the firm's Cannabis Industry Group (CIG). He specializes in financial consulting and services to business owners and operators in the cannabis, industrial hemp and CBD industry, and in 2016 headed an exploratory group that resulted in the formation of HBK’s CIG.
Nick works with businesses in all cannabis industry segments—cultivators, processors, retailers—from single facility to multi-location and integrated operations. He counsels owners, management and investors in multiples states and countries, connecting operators with investment bankers and helping them with key financial activities: from planning for start-ups to facilitating M&A; from pre-offering projections, state applications and licensing, to fund raising, to management planning and operations.
Among his cannabis industry credits:
- Structuring agreed-upon procedures engagements for licensing requirements of the State of Michigan, which have been used successfully in the licensing process
- Structuring of agreed-upon procedures engagements for licensing requirements for Canadian citizens in the State of Michigan, which have been used successfully in the licensing process
- Review and analysis of corporate structures common in the industry to maximize efficiency and minimize administrative and regulatory issues
- Review and analysis of licensing and intellectual property agreements for genetics-based cannabis businesses developing and marketing new plant strains
- Consultation with oil pen cartridge manufacturers to refer supply chain agreements to legal counsel with industry knowledge and review tax implications and application of 280E to businesses indirectly supporting the cannabis industry
Nick has been with HBK since 2004. The firm is the nation’s 56th largest CPA and wealth management firm, including 550 professionals collaborating to provide the full realm of business and personal financial services and support required by entrepreneurs, including business valuation and corporate finance as well as personal financial planning, retirement planning and succession planning.
Register for FREE to comment or continue reading this article. Already registered? Login here.2