ISO standards support the development and trade of goods and services which better meet consumers’ expectations for safety and health, fitness for purpose, environmental protection, and other qualities.
ISO is the world's leading quality management system and is based on seven management principles that can assist businesses towards improved operating performance.
- Customer Focus: Organizations depend on their customers, therefore, should understand their current and future needs, meet customer requirements and strive to exceed customer expectations.
- Leadership: Good leaders establish unity of purpose and direction within an organization, they create the internal environment that enables employees to achieve the organization's business objectives.
- Engagement of People: People of all levels within the organization are important to how it performs; understanding that engagement will only benefit the organization.
- Process Approach: Results are achieved more effectively when activities are managed as a process.
- Continual Improvement: This should be the permanent objective of any organization
- Evidence-Based Approach to Decision Making: The best decisions are made on the analysis of evidence
- Relationship Management: Any Organization and its suppliers are interdependent and such a relationship allows both to prosper.
Key tangible benefits are derived from ISO management systems that impact the operations of your company.
- Profit Margins were shown to be 2-3 times higher than the industry average for ISO registered companies
- ISO standards help you drive growth, cut costs and increase profits
- ISO standards help you improve the quality of your goods and services
- Put your customers first
- Making sure you consistently meet their needs and enhance their satisfaction. This can lead to repeat customers, new clients and increased business for your organization.
- ISO standards enhance your credibility and secure customer confidence
- Your processes will be aligned and understood by everyone in the business or organization. This increases productivity and efficiency, bringing internal costs down.
- Meet the necessary statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Expand into new markets, as some sectors and clients require ISO 9001 before doing business.
- Quality certification is now essential for growth in a competitive marketplace, to stand out from competitors
- ISO standards help you find new markets for your products and make the production and handling of materials more secure
- ISO standards give you a competitive edge
- Working to high standards and knowing that; you can help your clients to know and understand it too Gain - and work with - new larger clients, who were requesting audited proof of our methods and standards of practice
- ISO standards can enhance brand recognition and give the customers the guarantee that the technology is tested and reliable
- ISO standards help you compete with bigger enterprises
- ISO standards strengthen your marketing pitch
- Identify and address the risks associated with your organization.
ISO standards enable organizations to work on a methodology, a systematic approach, aligned with organizational objectives and strategies. Adopting the standards demonstrates a proactive approach addressing the increasing demand by regulators to provide corporate information in good order and in good time, additional tangible proof that an organization is operating under the most effective and ethical circumstances.
Selection of the most appropriate standard for your business requirements: there is a vast array of ISO standards available but the most commonly adopted is ISO 9001: 2015 Quality Management Systems.
Below are the particular standards offered by IMSM for the Cannabis Industry
- ISO 9001: 2015 Quality Management System
- ISO 14001: 2015 Environmental Management System
- OHSAS 18001: 2007 Health & Safety Management System
- ISO 22000: 2005 Food Safety Management System
- ISO/IEC 17025: 2005 QMS Requirements for Testing & Calibration Laboratories
- ISO/IEC 27001: 2013 Information Security Management System
- ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 Information Security Service Management System
- ISO 22301:2012 Business Continuity Management System